Welcome to the 2019 JMM Report, summarising the Journal’s performance in this year’s metric releases from Clarivate, Scopus, Scimago and Google, as well as other JMM news from the past year.
2019 Independent Metrics
JMM has received a Journal Impact Factor of 2.392
in the 2019 Journal Citation Reports from Clarivate Analytics. Calculated over 2 years (Cites in 2018 to Documents in 2016/2017).
Huge thanks to our authors, readers & reviewers, to the editorial team led by Mark Tadajewski, and to the team at Routledge.
Scopus data and includes all available document types. Calculated over 3 years (Cites in 2018 to Documents in 2015/2016/2017). JMM in Q1 for Marketing.
Trend over time increasing as shown in the chart
2018 Cites / Doc (3 years) 2.69 (666 citations from 248 documents)
CiteScore Tracker allows you to monitor a journal’s current CiteScore, with updates on a monthly basis https://journalmetrics.scopus.com/
SCImago Journal Rank
2018 SCImago (Cites in 2018 to Documents in previous 2/3/4 years, based on Scopus data)
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 0.989
2019 Google Scholar covers 5 years (2014-2018). h5-index is the h-index for articles published in the last 5 complete years. It is the largest number h such that h articles published in 2014-2018 have at least h citations each. h5-median for a publication is the median number of citations for the articles that make up its h5-index.
JMM is ranked 14th in the Google Scholar Metrics Top Publications in Marketing:
h5-index 39, h5-median 57
Get Your Research Recognised!
We invite all of our accepted authors to blog about their articles, and we strongly recommend this as a way to help promote your research.
The top 2 Altmetric articles published in JMM in 2018 both blogged about their research – this follows on from the top 2 papers in 2017 which had also blogged:
The relative impact of corporate reputation on consumer choice: beyond a halo effect, by Paul F. Burke, Grahame Dowling & Edward Wei (Blog: Do consumers really care about corporate reputation?)
From the self to the screen: a journey guide for auto-netnography in online communities, by Dino Villegas (Blog: Doing auto-netnography on online communities)
If you are interested in blogging, you can find out top tips here, and we have also produced a guide of How to turn your journal article into an infographic.
For all standard (non-SI) papers submitted since 1 January 2014 which have received a final decision in the review process (to 31 December 2018);
Accept 8% Desk Reject 65% (Total Reject 92%)
Turnaround time: In 2018, the average time from submission to first decision was 36 days, with the majority of papers receiving a decision within 30 days.
In 2018, submissions were received from 59 countries.
Current Calls for Papers
- Coffin & Hill: Presenting Marketing Differently: Developing Devices to Disseminate Post-Representational Research (deadline for proposals 16 August 2019)
- Thomas, Davis, Wilson & Sobande: Marketing & Managing Racial Dynamics – in Theory & Practice (deadline 15 September 2019)
- Prothero & Tadajewski: #MeToo and beyond: inequality and injustice in marketing practice and academia (deadline for submissions 11 November 2019)
- Manika & Gregory-Smith: Advancing Spillover Research: Behavioural, Contextual and Temporal Approaches (deadline for submissions 1 March 2020)
- Roy, Dey and Dwivedi: Digitally enabled value co-creation at the bottom of the pyramid (deadline for submissions 31 March 2020)
- Takhar, Houston & Dholakia: Transhumanisms, Geneticised Markets and Perfectible Consumers (deadline for submissions 20 August 2020)
JMM encourages authors to consider other types of submissions, be these Research Notes, Commentaries, Multimedia submissions, or including supplemental material with their manuscript. If you have an idea for a specific submission, or are interested in proposing a special issue or section for JMM, please contact the JMM Editorial Office in the first instance. We also of course welcome the submission of full manuscripts. Detailed guidelines for the submission of these can be found on the Journal’s website.
If you wish to make a video/multimedia submission, see our blog on How to submit a video-article to JMM
Recent and Forthcoming Special Sections/Issues
- Kozinets, Parmentier & Scaraboto: Evolving Netnography
- Rokka, Hietanen & Brownlie: Screening Marketing: Videography & the Expanding Horizons of Filmic Research featuring 5 full length video-articles, including audio & text transcripts, plus 4 papers
- Belk, MacInnis & Yadav: Conceptual Papers in Marketing & Consumer Research
- Eckhardt & Husemann: Consuming the Spiritual
- Pantano: The role of smart technologies in decision making: developing, supporting and training smart consumers
- Dobscha & Östberg: Gender Impacts: Consumption, Markets, Marketing, and Marketing Organisations
- Coussement, Harrigan, Lancelot Miltgen & Ranaweera: The Future of Technology in Marketing: Utopia or Dystopia?
- Baumgarth, Boltz, Roper & Schmidt: Start-ups, Arts and Creative Industries: Fresh Perspectives on Brands
JMM Awards 2018
For a full listing of our 2018 Awards for Best Paper, Highly Commended Papers, and our Reviewer Awards, visit the JMM 2018 Awards page
Several Special Issues from JMM have been published as books in the Routledge Key Issues in Marketing Management Book Series
This post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless otherwise stated. Third party materials remain the copyright of the original rightsholder.